Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Habitat for Humanity of Horry County. We are a nonprofit organization founded on the conviction that every man, woman, and child should have a descent, safe, and affordable place to live. We build in partnership with people in need regardless of race or religion. We welcome volunteers and supporters from all backgrounds to participate by donating your time to help make the dream of homeownership possible for all members of our community.
To begin the process of becoming a volunteer, follow the steps below. Feel free to contact the Director of Volunteers, with your questions.
Step 1: View the Types of Volunteers
Step 2: View the Volunteer Calendar for upcoming opportunities
Step 3: Read the Orientation materials
Step 4: Fill out the Volunteer Application and Liability Waiver forms
If you would like to volunteer as an individual or with a spouse, classmate, co-worker or friend, just follow the steps above and fill out the Individual Volunteer Application. Individuals are under no obligation to return unless you have the time to spare and willingness to help.
Volunteering as a group works a bit differently. First, you need to select a "Captain" for the group who will complete the Group Volunteer Application in Step 4. Then, contact Herdie Mathews, the Volunteer Coordinator, to determine the best day for your group to volunteer.
Group Captain responsibilities include:
- Recruiting group members, up to 10 members with no minimum.
- Sharing information with the other group members.
- Fundraising! Donations are most welcome when your group spends a day volunteering.
- Becoming familiar with the safety checklist so you can operate as a safety supervisor for your group.
- Ensuring the group arrives on time and prepared to work.
- Collecting the signed Liability Waivers from each group member prior to the work day.